Tuesday, May 23, 2006
Essex County Hotel - Southend on Sea
Martin (Group of adult friends) on 14/12/2005
My Rating: 7/10
This accommodation is fine for a short stay. Very easy to locate. It would have been nice if the staff had turned the heating on before we arrived as it was a very cold day but it didn't take too long to warm up. The breakfast was plentiful but the service a little slow. Summed up we had no major complaints and would visit again.
Adequate and clean
Attention to detail - ie Only 2 cups provided when there were three of us sharing the room. Only two sets of towels provided.
posted by Berti : 11:04 0 comments
My visit to Southend
Westcliff Hotel - Southend on Sea
Tuesday, May 23, 2006
Anonymous (Mature Couple) on 13/05/2006
My Rating: 9/10
The restaurant was a disappointment, the menu in the room in no way resembled the poor menu in the restaurant for dinner. In fact there is no point to having a menu in the room. Very poor selection. Chicken was dry. Not value for money. The reception staff were exceptionally helpful and pleasant.
Comfortable, clean, large room, good views, large bathroom, good decor.
posted by : 10:58 0 comments
Monday, March 20, 2006
Anonymous (Young couple) stayed in this hotel on 15/03/2006
My Rating: 9/10
We arrived a little after 3pm, lady at reception was friendly and helpful. The location is brilliant, close enough to all the local amenities, but far enough to not be interuptted by the remnants on the Southend nightlife. Our room was on the top floor and we had a wonderful view of the ocean, if we looked out of one of the side windows. The staff was particular helpful in helping us arrange taxis for a night out. The only slight hitches, the hotel car park is very small, and we had a little problem trying to find a parking space on the surrounding street as it gets very busy around here. Also, we noticed that every time someone flushed their toilet we heard what must be the pressure pumps doing their thing, as our room appeared to be next to the machinery, but unless people flushed their toilets all night long, you don't really notice it. The upside, an excellent power shower! The hot buffet english breakfast was one of the best, with plenty of choice and not the least bit dry or overcooked sitting under the lamps. Overall, we would definitely recommend this hotel. For a hotel in this class, it is one of the best value and most comfortable ones we have ever stayed in.
- Good Points: Good location, friendly staff, comfortable bed and extremely spacious room.
- Bad Points: Decor a little dated, but fits in well with the period of the building.
posted by Berti : 23:20 0 comments
Friday, January 13, 2006
Westcliff Hotel - Southend -on-Sea
George (Group of work colleagues) stayed on 13/12/2005
Our stay at Wescliff Hotel was lovely, and the views were panoramic, and very central to all the activities around Southend like: Cliffs Pavillion, Westcliff Casino and Spiellers Casino on the Seafront. Highly recommended Hotel.
The accomodation, was clean and tidy, and well maintained with refreshments. The hotel staff were very pleasant and efficient in their jobs of making sure all guests were comfortable and happy.
posted by George : 16:18 0 comments
Monday, January 16, 2006
Gleneagles Hotel - Southend on Sea
Magaret from Cambridge, United Kingdom;GB (Solo leisure traveller) on 09/12/2005
The booking process was clear & easy, the Gleneagles hotel was relatively easy to find & a quick phone call & directions from a very friendly & helpful young lady on reception soon had me checking in. The same young lady helped me up to the room & took time to chat with me about a few things around the area. She also saved me some money when I tried to book a taxi to a destination I didn't realise was only walking distance away! Outstanding memeber of their team. The room was well prepared & lovely & warm with fantastic views across the front. Breakfast was hot & on time & tasty too. I can honestly say I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there & will be returning in the summer for a longer break; much better service & friendlier atmosphere than many expensive hotels I have stayed in ! (2909015)
Warm, comfortable, well positioned
sky tv in the rooms would be a nice bonus
posted by Margaret: 17:34 0 comments
Best Hotels in Southend on Sea
Camelia Hotel - Southend on Sea, Saturday, January 07, 2006
Patricia [Sandown, United Kingdom;GB] on 11/11/05
My Rating: 4.7 / 5
We were most impressed with the room which was bright, airy and very clean. For the price we paid we thought it was excellent value and will definitely use the Camelia hotel again the next time we're in Southend .
Breakfast was a little uninspiring.
Overall: A clean bright newly decorated room, that was comfortable to stay in, in a good location, braekfast was a little uninspiring but considering the price we paid it was all good value for money. The website gave very comprehensive information.
posted by Patricia : 13:17 0 comments
Thursday, January 05, 2006
Camelia Hotel - Southend on Sea
Alan (Family with older children) on 09/11/2005
My Rating: 3.9/5
The staff at Camelia Hotel were very friendly and welcoming and the food was excellent. I am sure in the summer it would be wonderful to be right by the sea and even on an October morning, breakfast was a pleasure looking out across the Estuary.
- I would thoroughly recommend this hotel. I was attending my uncle's funeral and it was close to my relatives' house
posted by Alan: 18:23 0 comments
|Westcliff Hotel - Southend on Sea
John & Irene (Mature couple) stayed on 26/08/2004
- The Westcliff Hotel has clean rooms, helpful staff, good order throughout, lift to all floors (although quite small). Tea making facilities in room and generous with helpings. Good lounge area to sit in the evenings. No car park only the road where cars park both sides so cars were not that safe, so parking in side roads is recommended. Very close to biggest casino in Southend, Westcliff Casino 4 minutes walk and next to the biggest theatre and concerts show the Cliffs Pavillion.
- They let themselves down with the staffing of the bar at night with only one person serving and the bar was packed as there was a wedding there. Having said that I would recommend this hotel to my friends.
Overall: good choice at breakfast, staff helpful and polite, good clean room, would stay again no car park only road, 1 staff serving behind bar at night so getting drinks took a long time.
posted by John: 18:10 0 comments
Wednesday, January 04, 2006
Ilfracombe House Hotel - Southend on Sea
Peter from Upper Boddington, stayed in this hotel 13/12/2005
My Rating: 4.0/5
- Overall the second time I have stayed here and in both occassions the Hotel has been not only fully booked during my stay but for weeks ahead. this in its self has to say something for the Hotel and the fact I came back and would have re-booked had I been able to get in. The centre of Southend is only 5 minutes stroll along the coastal path with views across the estuary and pier. The surprise is that there are not many good eating places in Southend that I could find, but then maybe I did not look in the right places. It was also very quiet for a tourist town considering it was the end of June when I was there so was uncrowded and easy to get about.
Good value for money, central location yet in quiet and pleasent area. FREE Wireless Broadband, DVD player in the room, minifridge, SKY SPORTS 1,2,3 and all mod cons. I recommend it to anyone visiting Southend.
- Nothing Wrong, everything perfect.
posted by Peter : 23:21 0 comments
Ilfracombe House Hotel - Southend on Sea
Emma from London- stayed in this hotel on 17/11/2005
My Rating: 4.1/5
- Overall the Ilfracombe House Hotel is an excellent hotel, clean & exactly as described on the website. Breakfast was excellent, you could help yourself to a cooked buffet breakfast & it was open for as long as you wanted basically, that did appeal to us. I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone it was excellent & indeed value for money. The manager was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was near Southend seafront and within easy walking distance of the town centre. Room facilities were good. Nice comfortable bar area. For me this is the best hotel in Southend-on-Sea and I recommend it.
posted by Emma : 22:37 0 comments
|.............................. .go to the top | book a hotel | self-catering apartments | submit a review